The International Educators’ Hall of Fame (IEHOF) is a museum of living personalities and sometimes includes outstanding deceased educators.
The term ‘educator’ is used in the broadest sense of the word: all fields of study and all levels are honored – academic, science, medicine, tourism, childhood/nursery, religion,sports, law, aviation, the arts, etc.; pre-school educators through university professors.
Research on Halls of Fame in the world reveals that this is the only one of its kind. Any person may nominate a candidate. To be eligible for nomination, an educator must be retired and/or have served at least 20 years in the field and must have done more than the call of duty.
Many are “Firsts,” “Pioneers,” “Trailblazers,” “Survivors” and, they are all considered role models. After nominees submit the necessary documents, a rigorous selection process follows.
All selected Inductees are feted publicly and honored in a commemorative “International Educators’ Hall of Fame” Document.
The location of the Showcase of Hall of Fame in the United States used to be in the Florin Mall in Sacramento, California. We are currently looking for a new location.
Another is located in the Middle East/Africa Asia Region, the Integrated Thebes Language Schools, 49 Ismailia Desert Road, Cairo, Egypt.
The Hall of Fame started as a local United States entity and became international in 1996. Overseas Celebrations took place on June 7, 1997, February 1998, and April 1999. The YOM I Cultural Heritage Presentation Educators’ Hall of Fame was established in Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.A. in 1997 and in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2000. We are proud of all “Hall of Famers” and appreciate the legacies they create and leave behind.
In 2013, we celebrated our 20th Year Anniversary. We hope to soon be blessed with a real Museum where we can showcase our Archives, Library and have a cultural center focused on Educators and their works, contribution, stories, materials and legacies. We invite you to be apart of it. Ask, How can I serve?”
Purpose of the website:
1. To inform people that we exist: about the great international humanitarian educators and their legacies.
2. To highlight the history of the Hall of Fame and the lives of the many Inductees (inductee of the month).
3. To solicit funds for the international Educators’ Museum, the program/souvenir booklet and tickets.
4. To inform people about our upcoming event(s) — 2014 (IEHOF), November 14, 2014 (and around the world).
5. Highlight (generations of people through photographs).
6. To solicit donations for the Educators’ Hall of Fame Museum.
7. To solicit donations, charitable giving, bequests, grants, etc. for our programs which fulfill our mission.
8. To encourage both seniors and youth from around the world to forge loving productive and positive relationships.
Benefits to the public, to donors:
1. To seize an opportunity to give back to youth, great educators, and the organization.
2. To donate for a tax write-off — to this charitable organization.
3. To receive an award and recognition for giving back.
4. To feel good about supporting an inter-generational organization.
5. To take advantage of the opportunities to be benevolent, a mentor, and role model.
6. To show others how to be a better supporters, volunteers, givers, citizens.
7. To seize the chance to nominate an outstanding humanitarian educator.
8. The opportunity to meet some outstanding selfless – senior educators.
9. To put your company, organization, family, church, institution in the limelight.